Sunday, June 30, 2013

A new quilt



I loved this quilt from Lynette Anderson's book Country Cottage Quilting and had to start it. I bought a whole new range of fabric in colours that I don't usually use. A bit darker but still nice. I was going to buy a fat quarter bundle of Audra's Iris Garden but the one I was looking at got sold. I searched around for more and found a half yard bundle at Craft Town at a really good price.




I used up some on my Nanna's Farm quilt and then cut out all that I needed for the background blocks of Go Wild Garden. The mix of plains and florals and darks and lights was just right. I used all the florals in the 9 patches. I divided them roughly into lights and darks then matched up 5 lights and 4 darks to make each 9 patch.



I am using the lighter and plain fabrics to make the background blocks with the florals in the 9 patches. The florals will be used for the applique. I have quite a lot left over for other small projects too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to one of my quilt blogs. Please leave a comment.